Navigating AquaGranda, A Digital Community Memory
Virtual group show
22 May 2021 – 21 April 2022
Margarita Maximova, excerpt of The Loss of A Stable Horizon (commissioned video), 2020
‘The Loss of A Stable Horizon’ as part of ‘Navigating AquaGranda’
A Digital Community Memory Virtual group show. Venice in collaboration with Science Gallery Venice, Ca' Foscari and the European Project Odysseus running from 22 May 2021 – 21 April 2022.
A few months before the pandemic broke out, Margarita was invited by Ca' Foscari University of Venice and the European Project Odysseus that researches opinion dynamics on social media, to conceive a work about the Aqua Granda of November 2019 in Venice and contribute to a digital community memory exhibition. Together with the help of Science Gallery Venice, Odysseus, Ca' Foscari and the Venetians she was able to work with a huge database of material and create a work commemorating the event. Because of the pandemic the invited artists were forced to come up with new ways of exhibiting the works, so they created a digital tour throughout the city with different landmarks where you can experience the works. Several (computer) scientists, researchers, scholars made a work based on the data. Margarita made a multiple screen AR video installation called ‘The Loss of A Stable Horizon’.
To download her contribution, download the AquaGranda app on the App Store (for Android and iO's) and open ‘The Loss of A Stable Horizon’ This will download 500 MB of files onto your device. You can also see the single screen version of the video on her Vimeo and download the catalogue from the website of Aqua Granda.
Image link to playlist of The Loss of A Stable Horizon installation view videos
Installation view, 2021
Installation view, 2021
The Loss of A Stable Horizon, video still, 2020
The virtual exhibition has 8 artistic Landmarks throughout the city of Venice, which make the Exhibitions accessible in 8 of the most prestigious institutions of Venice.
- Università Ca’ Foscari di Venezia 9-19, Dorsoduro 3246, Calle Larga Foscari, 30123 Venezia
- Conservatorio Benedetto Marcello 9-17, Sestiere di San Marco, 2810 30124 Venezia
- Fondazione Ugo e Olga Levi Onlus 9-17, San Marco, 2893 30124 Venezia
- Fondazione Querini Stampalia Onlus 10-18, Castello 5252, 30122 Venezia
- Centro Tedesco di StudiVeneziani 10-17, Palazzo Barbarigo della Terrazza, S.Polo 30125 Venezia
- CNR ISMAR - Arsenale 8-17,Tesa 104, Castello 2737/F, 30122 Venezia
- Fondazione Bevilacqua La Masa 10.3017.30, San Marco 71/c, 30124 Venezia
- Ca' Pesaro - Museo di Arte Moderna 11-17, Santa Croce 2076, 30135 Venezia
Participating artists, scientists, researchers:
Margarita Maximova, Carlo Santogiustina,Fabian Kühlein,Robin Lamarche-Perrin, Armin Pournaki, Tom Willaert, Federica Bardelli, Marc Tuters,Gabriele Colombo, Matteo Silverio
Luc Steels, Neal Hartman, Erica Villa
AquaGranda Project is promoted by Science Gallery Venice and Ca’ Foscari University of Venice within the European Project Odycceus.